I had the day off with nothing much to do, so I took advantage and did some cooking for the week! Besides cooking up some more vegetables, I should be set for awhile :)
left to right: brown rice & green lentils, garlic & rosemary roasted red potatoes, whole wheat fusili, sauteed broccoli, sauteed mushrooms with garlic & balsamic vinegar, teriyaki baked tofu, italian marinated tofu with marinara sauce.
This is a great way to save cooking time when you’re busy! By having a food preparation day, you can have lots of different items in your fridge to mix and match, ensuring you always have the option to eat healthy. It’s a easy and fast when you have to take something to work or school, preventing you from buying food while you’re out, or going hungry!
My favorite foods to have prepared in the fridge:
- brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat couscous:
- great with vegetables and a protein, thrown on a salad or in a wrap, and a fantastic base for vegan dinner loaves
- whole wheat pasta:
- reheat it or make a pasta salad
- roasted or baked potatoes
- extra-firm or firm tofu:
- marinate it and refrigerate it, ready to be baked or sauteed
- marinate it, bake or saute it - you can use it cold on salads and sandwiches or reheat and serve with vegetables and a carbohydrate.
- pre-wash and chop vegetables so they’re ready to be cooked, thrown in salads, sandwiches, wraps, or eaten with hummus
- saute, steam, or bake vegetables to reheat with a protein and carbohydrate
- finished meals like soup, chili, stews, and stir-fries